Obedience without Conflict with Ivan Balabanov - The Game
This award winner is packed with detailed instructional information. This production details:
- "The Game" detailed as the motivational engine behind Ivan's obedience system
- Utilizing prey motivation while eliminating the negative side effects encountered in other systems
- teaching the out command as an instrumental exercise
- creating immediate response to sit and down commands by voice command alone
- teaching static attention; both two-way and one-way attention
- teaching the major passive skill of heeling by 'finding the leg'
- the gymnastic skills of correct left, right and about turns
- teaching the stand in motion
- the integration of active and passive exercises into the obedience routine
A strong emphasis is placed on teaching the dog self control to minimize correction, achieve precision through motivation and signaled non-reward as well as how to respond to cues in an instant which have been isolated to verbal cues alone. Distraction training is taught in this production using Clear Communication as the basis for guiding the dog through obedience training. When to raise criterion and achieving fluency with behaviors is discussed so that each trainer knows when to progress to the next level with their dog. An emphasis is placed on comprehension of skills rather than simply training behaviors.
- The Rules: The Dog
- The Rules: The Handler
- The Basic Game
- The Basic Game: The "Out"
- The Basic Game: Creating Sit and Down
- The Basic Game: Sit and Down
- The Basic Game: First Commands
- The Basic Game: Distractions
- Attention & Heeling
- Attention & Heeling: Two-Way Attention
- Attention & Heeling: One-Way Attention
- Attention & Heeling: ”Finding the Leg"
- Attention & Heeling: Formal Heeling
- The Advanced Game
- The Stand
Copyright 2003 Canine Training Systems®, Podium View™ On Demand Streaming, Broadcast Quality- 80 minutes. This title is heavily reliant upon the communication techniques and methods taught in Obedience without Conflict: Clear Communication
INTERNATIONAL VIDEO PRODUCTION AWARDS:
2003 Communicator Award of Distinction
2004 Videographer Award of Excellence
2004 DV Award Winner
2004 25th Annual Telly Award Winner